Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easy Breezy Pesto Sauce

My daughter's favorite Italian food is Spaghetti with Pesto.
I promised I would make her a Pesto dish for dinner tonight.
She loves great food, great restaurants (we take her to almost every restaurants we go to) and great company - YES, she does take after me!
She is very picky about what she eats. Of course, she loves Mac and Cheese once in a while - she's only a child. But hates those that come in little blue boxes.  
She is a very adventurous eater, more than I ever were at 10 years old.
I just wish she would eat more fruit - I am hoping she'll acquire a taste for it as she grows older.






Here's how I made the pesto sauce

Ingredients:

Bunch of Basil, washed and dried
6 Tablespoons olive oil
4-5 cloves of garlic
3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
4 Tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


In a food processor, pulse basil.
Slowly add oil, pulse further.
Add pine nuts, garlic, cheese, salt/pepper. Pulse further more.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Easy - Breezy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...