Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chocolate Truffles

I usually have a box of my favorite chocolate and truffles (Leonidas) in the refrigerator ... but to my surprise and profound sadness, I found an empty box of Leonidas!  I guess I must have finished it all couple of days ago! 
Well, since I was in desperate need of a little happiness .... I decided to make my own chocolate truffles. I followed Pierre Hermé's recipe .... and they came out perfect! 
I enjoyed couple of them .... and they brought me pure joy!  







Ingredients:

9 ounces chocolate - I used Valrhona 61% - finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
3 1/2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature, cut into 4 pieces
Dutch-processed cocoa powder  for dusting - I used Valrhona


Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl that can hold all ingredients.
In a small saucepan, bring cream to a full boil.
Pour cream on the chocolate
With a spatula, gently stir the cream into the chocolate until the ganache is smooth.
Allow ganache to rest for couple of minutes.
Add butter 2 pieces at a time, stirring gently.
Pour ganache into a bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Pour cocoa powder on a plate.
Dust your hands with some cocoa powder.
Scoop out a teaspoon of the ganache and with your hands shape it into a ball.
Drop the ganache ball in the cocoa powder and coat it with powder.
Shake off excess powder.
Can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.



1 comment:

  1. i love homemade truffles! these just look like pure, chocolatey goodness. mmmm quality!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...